Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 17, 2016

The New President - 7 July 14

Dear Family,
We have enjoyed another pair of Brasil games. Both of which we won. Unfortunately we are going to play tomorrow against germany without our star player because of an injury. at first the games and extra days in the house were nice to rest but now they only make me more tired and losing focus on the work. But, we will get re-focused quick and chugging real quick this week.
The new president came last thursday and we are really turning the focus on obedience. Some missionaries are scared to begin working with rules on how many times you have to go to church. I think it is great. I have been really sad to see only one or two of my recent converts at church each week. I want to have all of them but unfortunately they weren't really planning on being firm members. It is really sad to see the adversary tear some people down after the start to follow the true path. perseverance never was easy.
I passed the transfer safely, I get to stay here with Elder Gerald. We are both happy accept it is just us two for another 6 weeks. as much as we are friends it does get kinda lonely in this area. We have gotten kinda sick of monopoly deal every pday and time in the house. The shower is still freezing and we don't know how to fix it. But we are very excited about the work because all the members are helping a lot. I hope that we can see some real success in this wonderful area.

I unfortunately don't have any investigators to talk about. everyone kinda cut us but with the help of a recent convert we are going to find plenty of news this week. I kinda like being able to just look for news and and not worry. it is kinda like starting on a clean slate.
I hope everyone has another great summer week. I am loving this phase of the mission and am really pumped to work with the new president.
Love,
Andrew Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment