Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Never All Alone - 27 April 2015

Dear Family,

This week was a very different experience for me. As me and my companion finished off the mission they kind of both traveled on Thursday and left me with plenty of stuff to take care of as far as leadership goes but it was amazing. Basically I got home everyday from Thursday to Sunday and from 9 to 10:30 or 11 I was on the phone talking to missionaries and taking care of business. 

First off, I stayed in the area. I will be able to stay in Campos for another 5 weeks and I am really excited. I was so happy to have served with Elder Knudson for the last bit of his mission. I just thoroughly enjoyed the learnings and time here. 

We were also really blessed this week as far as investigators go. I met one of the most prepared people on Saturday. She had been studying about the church for a whole year and finally found the missionaries. She was living all the commandments and before we could invite her to be a new member, she answered. ´yes, I want to be a member, i want to be baptized.´ it was so awesome. She will help the members here so much and she has again taught me that the prepared people are out there. Also on Sunday after a few discouragements with my investigators, the bishop presented me to a visitor that the members brought. she loved the church so much and a recent convert girl is her best friend. When the sacrament was over, I sat down quickly with her to teach a little about the gospel, before I knew it, she was feeling the spirit so strong and with her friend crying with joy she accepted a goal to prepare to be a new member too. I loved to see just how much and how happy this other member became upon seeing her friend accept this gospel the same way she had accepted. 

I am also so grateful for the Box I received this week. I loved the granola and maybe have figured out how I will eat in college. Ramyum and Granola. haha. The missionaries in my house are loving the peanut butter and I'm going to make the cookies at a family night tonight. its gunna be great. 

I have a great rain picture with rain up to my mid thigh but it is on Knudson´s camera and ill send it next week. I loved the week and as a general message I knew and felt that even though as a leader this week I was physically alone, I really felt an extra help through my prayers. I prayed every night for the strength to help all the of the missionaries and I felt very successful after every tiring night. it was also a blessing that I was able to wake up the next morning ready to work despite the lack of sleep. I am just so happy and Loving every part of the mission. 

Have a great week and Read conference if you can. Love you all

Love,
Elder Jacobson (Andrew) 

Last pday with Knudson



And the farewell dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment