Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Maybe the fall is Coming? - 21 April 14

Dear Family

So, i don't think they have seasons here. it is just hot. We had 3 days this week of direct sun. it felt like summer again. but right know it is nice and cloudy. my favorite weather. 

so, the transfer info was released yesterday. Nothing changed. I'm going to stay here with my companion. Luckily, our relationship is slowly improving still. I have adapted a lot to just let him sleep in and relax a little more. but during work hours it is all work. Luckily, he doesn't have much of a problem with anywhere i drag him as long as it is a good thing to do. 

I have no idea what i should write about. I noticed again this week the importance of members. We met a recent convert that fell away and the reactivated. she said that during the 2 years that she was gone she never stopped to let the members be her friend and they visited her every week. now, that her two children are baptized she has really seen the love of the church and became re-converted. Her husband also admitted to the change in the house and knows that one day he will join his happy family. The perseverance of the ward was what saved this family. Unfortunately, as missionaries we don't have the time to spent visiting the same people for years but as we teach and get the members excited they do this very vital part of the work for us. 

I have also noticed that I have been turning into a less-challenge giving missionary. In my last area we always counted the number of baptismal commitments that we did. Even though we may have startled some people sometimes, when we testified with the spirit it always felt right. I decided to go back a little to that this week. during two lessons this week when the lesson was full of the spirit, i took the opportunity to really testify. both times led to super awesome experiences where they expressed deep feelings and what could be holding them back. if we are not willing to take that step to challenge a change in our investigators we can waste a lot of spiritual experience and life changing moments. Another reason the spirit and members are so important in the work. the purpose of the lesson is to teach and leave them desiring a change in life. they wont want that change sometimes unless we invite. 

My diet these last weeks has been really bad and i gained 4 pounds. I have been living on popcorn and juice in the house and lunch from the members. I am determined to buy healthier things this shopping trip. Hopefully this weight will go away. but don't worry the pants are fitting fine. 

This is a picture of my living condition. kinda messy don't judge.

Love you all tons,
Elder Jacobson (Andrew)


here is one of my neighborhoods. I hear it is really dangerous. but i feel safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment