Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Half Truthes - 4 May 2015

Dear Family, 

This has been a really great week. Full of fun and also obstacles to hurdle. I think I tripped one time but got threw the finish line in the end. 

We were able to follow this week a few great counseling from our Assistants and we increased greatly the work we had during the week. If there is one thing to be learned about church life, it is that we can always learn something from our leaders and if you are humbler you will learn more. It was great to be able to use the mornings this week to help the other missionaries with interviews and such and also work in our area.  

We got really happy upon receiving a call from our investigators on Wednesday informing us that they got married. They were wanting more time to think about their relationship and such but after explaining to them the importance of keeping the commandments, they decided to get married and work our the differences using the gospel. They are the best

We also are working a lot with the ward youth program encouraging the youth to use whatsup (a communication program)  and Facebook to help out our investigators and also to invite new people and strengthen the less actives. I really loved the experience as I got to the testimony of our investigator strengthened, several members have spiritual experiences and a new member of the ward as of Sunday. It was a lot more that just  a dupla of missionaries could have done in a week. 

But there was a few road bumps in the process. So, the other dupla were teaching a person in technically our teaching area and hence our ward. considering that she was loving the other ward and was well integrated already, he baptism was in 5 days, and there are plenty of members that go to the ´wrong ward´ , I decided that it would be better for her to continue in that ward and we would bring up the concern when she had more time as a member. but somehow, this Sunday it seemed like all the members became aware that she lived in the other ward and I was kind of interviewed by the bishop and the Ward Mission Leader. I didn't think it would be a problem but, I obviously was in error in not informing our bishop before hand. Luckily, I learned and the situation is calmed down again. 

I just have to say that about 30 min prior to writing this card we were in the longhouse and one of the other missionaries really, I mean really, needed to use the bathroom. I ran to the house with him and we spent about 20 minutes with stomach problems. hopefully he gets better this week. But the funniest part was the really quick walk to the house talking the entire time about making a mess in your pants. I hope you can all have a great laugh out of this card. 

Have a great week, I love you all,

Elder Jacobson

The baptism from Yesterday

 

my mtc companion

No comments:

Post a Comment