Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Excitement is Contageous - 25 May 2015

Dear Family,

I had another great week. Just about as good as Brealynn´s. Unfortunately we had another one of those weeks were you work really hard and don't really notice if you have gotten anything done or not. I believe that seeds were planted and we will also be able to count the blessings this week. 

So we got to Friday this last week and it was the day that we have a mission phone call to see how the mission is doing. So when we learned that the mission was kind of struggling we looked the rest of the week for solutions. Saturday morning we arranged a conference call to pass on an animating message. My companion started off with the normal spiritual part and reading from the Preach my Gospel but we had planned to have some comedy too. I came on for my part. (as some background information, lots of Brazilians say that I have a radio station hosts kind of voice in Portuguese. so I decided to use this ´talent´?) I did my best to pass on the same message of hope and bigger goals as my companion but included my best impression of the typical Brazilian radio host. I had the 3 elders in our house laughing like crazy and plenty of the zone. 

It was great to see the after effects as we received phone calls all day from happy ´duplas´ telling us all about the great stories and experiences. 

That was kind of the highlight from the week. We also yesterday, looking for a street with 15 less-actives, ended up taking a bus and landing in the middle of the countryside with word telling us that the next bus would only pass by at 11:00. Luckily we made it back home on time. The only sad part is that we didn't find the less actives. 

have a great week everyone and keep up the excitement of the Gospel. 

With Love,
Elder Jacobson

Below is a photo of one of the Districts


my companion with a turkey on his head



No comments:

Post a Comment