Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Christmas - 22 Dec 2014

Dear Family,

I couldn't think of a more original title. It is the season to be jolly. We should have little more relaxing week as we will have to get the house earlier than normal some of the days. But, ill tell you how the week went. 

We worked harder than I have ever worked. After a great weekly planning and a powerful prayer for help we started another week. In the first 2 days we found 18 new investigators and tons of people saying that they would go to church on Sunday. unfortunately, because of the holidays, we had 8 people remark their visit in the church for this week. so i guess this week we should reap the blessings. 

We also battle with my companions hurt back. After carrying the bag on the same shoulder to long he got sore muscles and this week he really suffered. But, he did not want to stay in the house. I carried his bag and gave massages every day but it was not enough to take away the pain. he had to keep his neck out of awkward positions and other things to avoid the sharp pain. he says the pain is decreasing but I think he is just getting used to it. 

After the entire week we ended up with 2 visitors that came from just inside the city but really, really far away. We walked on Sunday about 1.5 just to get to their house. they loved the church but are having relationship problems. its is interesting that Satan knows how to use every little thing in our lives to interfere with the spirit. 

Lastly, I am reading the Ensign from conference finally. so inspiring, it made me laugh today because I was thinking about our investigators while I read and then I bumped into elder Utchdorf´s talk in the priesthood session about worrying about ourselves. Perfection is a long process that begins with humility. I pray that we can all, especially me, be more humble and look to improve ourselves. 

I love you all and look forward to the skype call. I should be Thursday at about 3:30. But until then. Just smile. 

Love ya
Elder Jacobson

me leaving the city to get to this families house


No comments:

Post a Comment