Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Being called a Walking Magazine Cover - 16 June 14

Dear Family,

We had a great week despite the rain everyday and the mud and the World Cup. I don't know if I said in the past but I lost my umbrella and haven´t bought a new one. It hadn't been raining a lot in the past and I was fine getting wet like one time a month but after a week of getting wet everyday, i think ill buy a new one.

The World Cup started and I am in the same position as Bryan. We have to stay in our house during the games. That means we get about 3 pdays a week for the next month. It is also really hard to teach the people that really like soccer. Everyday from 12 to 9 there is always a game passing on the tv and some people don't even want to talk 5 minutes with missionaries. The rain has been making it doubly hard. But we had a great number of people at church and we hope that the baptismal date follow. It is awesome to see the spirit work in some people and it is sad to see other so closed off to the spirit. But, as it has been said, we only bring the spirit to the hearts, we cant force anything in.

Well, we have this word here that we use to refer to girls that are a little to attached to the missionaries. We call them´snakes´. even the brazilians know the word. This week we had a hilarious snake experience. We were walking home with our investigators when a young boy stopped us and said `i am baptized in your church´ we asked him his name and during the conversation we noticed a group of three maybe 13-14 year-old girls draw closer. as we were conversing my companion heard a hilarious comment. `I´ll get baptized by you guys´ with an obvious tone of a snake. Then, the next day we were told by our recent convert that she was asked if we were actual missionaries. She responded by saying yes and then the response was...´well it looks like a magazine cover´ ohh gag. maybe it wasn't the best thing to put two americans in the same tiny little city that is full of gossip.

So, I have been asked to send my testimony so i will. The stories about the protests against the prophet are saddening that so many people are questioning their testimonies despite the council by Elder Uchtdorf to doubt your doubts. So, my testimony is the following, I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me because I see his creations everyday. I know that he has a plan and a order for everything because the scriptures and world history give us a clear picture of his plan. I know that the Lord works in our days through a prophet chosen my him because he is a God that doesnt change. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God because of the power of prayer that I have experienced. I know that His Gospel is perfect because it brings perfect happiness. I dont have doubts about the spiritual experiences that I have had and I hope and pray to one day stand tall and proud as a faithful witness of the Truth. I testify of these truths in the name of my Redeemer Jesus Christ. Amen.

I have also been studying a lot about the temple this week. We know through the scriptures that the true church has to have something to do with temple work. As i remember the experiences in the temple I have no doubt that it is the work of God. I cant wait for the next time that I can enter the House of the Lord and feel his spirit.

Well, another week passed another week coming. I hope that we can all remain firm in our faith and the things that we know are true.
Love,
Elder Jacobson (Andrew)

No comments:

Post a Comment