Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Monday, October 28, 2013

5. Only One Week Left

Dear Family,

I love you Mom. And even though your email didn't show up in my inbox for some reason, I still found it. I love you too Dad. I am really enjoying the talk. When I get to the field, I will print it all out and keep it together. I especially liked this weeks because I had read almost every scripture in the section. I think I am going to skip over 2 Nephi in my Book of Mormon reading so I can get to Ammon and the Sons of Mosiah faster. Also, because I don't understand any of it in Portuguese.

So, if you remember last week when I said our investigators were tough. Now, they are close to impossible. After 4 lessons, the spirit was able to touch one of our investigators, but now our other investigator doesn't accept about half of the commandments. We spent over 4 hours yesterday pouring over the scriptures to find ways to explain his difficult questions. I read the story of Enos with an investigator this week. I could not imagine taking an entire day to pray. But, I was happy when the message that we needed to be diligent in our prayers got across.

I have been trying to speak only in Portuguese this week. I was solid until about Wednesday and I just needed to talk. It really is a hard thing to describe. Imagine only being allowed to use Pictionary with people. It's kinda like that. Or you just feel like a completely alone because everyone has given up talking to you. That's not really true though. There is another guy that sits behind me in class that has been trying with me. And of course my companion talks to me. I hope I get a bit better before I am stuck with a Brazilian companion. I really can't decide what I want more. So many people say that tons of the Brazilians are really lazy but I can't imagine that being entirely true. I think my dream right now is a really experienced American that can teach me the accent and everything and I won't feel like a ball and chain around their ankle.

I have gotten to play volleyball almost everyday here. At first my district really liked basketball and we only did that but now we play volleyball every time. I really enjoy it except that the floor is very bad for diving.

I don't really know what to write. I feel like I write the same stuff every week and I gets really boring. IDK

My district is going to a all you can eat place for lunch today. So, I didn't eat breakfast. Its basically a Brazil de Brazil. But only 10 dollars. OH, and there is a tradition among the Americans to see how fast your district can drink a 3.3 liter bottle of Guarana . The record is 1 min and 40 seconds. But you can only use three people and it has to be straight out of the bottle. Kinda gross but I bet it will be really fun. And I probably won't be one of the three because I am so small. HAHA. Actually our entire district is really short. Before my 6'5" companion showed up the next tallest was 5'9." Well he says he is 6'6" but he doesn't look taller that Dallin Skouson to me.

Well, I didn't really have much to report this week. I hope everyone is happy and safe. Enjoy your week as much as I am enjoying mine.

Love,

Elder Jacobson (Andrew)

No comments:

Post a Comment