Vitora, Brazil

Vitora, Brazil

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Keeping it Up - 10 August 2015

Dear Family,

This week went by so fast I don't know what to say. 

I love hearing the word from everyone writing me and even though my responses are not that long the words are greatly appreciated. 

I had another great experience this week in a division. We had a great day of work and even found a great family who´s daughter, upon explaining about the 8 years age mark for baptism, jumped up for joy and said ´that´s me, I want to be baptized´ it was so cute and spiritual that we left the house with big smiles a round of high-fives and then a prayer of thanks. Then in the feedback part of the division we had a great talk about how our vision of missionary work changes as we go. I left the conversation feeling very satisfied with our progress. 

The other highlight of the week might look like a sadness but I believe that it is part of a bigger plan. The other dupla in our house was teaching a married couple that at first the husband was not interested but after a little more he decided that wanted to be baptized with her. Unfortunately, he was then behind in his required amount of time keeping the commandments and had to be told that his baptism required another few days of preparation. With this news he became a little offended and sad and then didn't even come to church on Sunday(his original date for baptism). We all are feeling kind of bad that we did our best to be obedient and we did our best to explain it to him but he was still offended. But, then I just have to remember that the Lord has a bigger plan. Its always bigger and we can trust in him. I hope I can see this bigger plan in the next few weeks.

I love you all and really cant wait to see you all and be able to really express how much this mission is blessing my life. 
Love,
Elder Jacobson (Andrew) 

Check out this rainbow


This was a ward party


This is the lovely pizza my companion made



Mission Friends


Seven layer magic bars at the ward party

No comments:

Post a Comment